Basement Sewer Backup Mississauga, Toronto (GTA) is a common problem among many homeowners. During heavy rains the sewage system becomes filled with more water and waste than it can carry. This way, sewage water needs to go somewhere. As a result, the liquid finds its way into the basement through sewer/drain pipes.
The most common causes of Sewer Backup in Mississauga, Toronto (GTA):
- Sewers are full. In rainy seasons the excess water often overloads the sewer system.
- Drain pipe blockage. It is the most typical reason for basement Sewer Backup. The clog may be caused by household refuse, debris and Tree Roots.
- Sump pump failure. Perhaps your sump pump cannot cope with excess water.
- Seepage. If water level is high, the liquid forces itself to get through holes and cracks into the foundation, especially in older homes. This often happen during snow-melt periods, thawing of ground or periods of heavy rain.
The right solution for your basement
The best way to avoid sewage backflow in your basement is to set a Backwater Valve. When the waste water tries to get into your home, the flap inside the backflow valve will immediately close off the opening. Thus, sewage cannot enter your basement.
The benefits of backflow valve are obvious. It prevents damage to your property and helps avoid costly repair and hazardous cleanup. Without a doubt, it protects your health and safety.
If you have a Backwater Valve and still experience Flooding Problems, try to clean out the device. You should do this regularly to ensure the flap of the valve can freely close. Inspect the shut off valve at least once a year.
Hire a Professional Plumber Mississauga, Toronto (GTA) to check your drainage system. Ask him to show you a process of inspecting and maintenance the device.
The advantages of Aqualux Draining and Plumbing contractor
Plumbing Company AqualuxDP is a team of skilled, experienced and Licensed Plumbing Professionals. We value our customers and provide the highest quality Services in Mississauga, Toronto (GTA).
- Availability at any time 24/7;
- Emergency Plumbing Services;
- A quick and effective response for every call;
- Affordable pricing;
- The ability to apply for a Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy.
So, if you have problems with basement sewer backup or any other plumbing issue, don’t hesitate to contact our company today (416) 951-0777 and get FREE professional plumbing consultation.